Saturday, April 13, 2013

Laundry, hiking and snowing

Black Mountain Woods
  We found the nicest laundromat. I say nice because I have not had a washer/dryer since 2006. So I feel that the Lutherville Sudsville rocks. Here they are nice and clean WITH an attendant. I think the water cleans our clothes better here too. My point is, the real estate person who tried to help us find a place when we were here in March said there was a laundromat in a sketchy area of Brattleboro.
  I've lived in and around Baltimore my whole life. I KNOW sketchy.
  I want  you to imagine this...Fells Point meets Parkville. That's their idea of sketchy. Go ahead and laugh because I looked at Terri and said, "This is sketchy? Let's go find someplace worse."

  Thursday was our idea of a quick hike. Don't forget we live in between mountains in the south east end of Vermont. Anywhere we go is uphill. BOTH WAYS! It was beautiful, quiet and steep. Today is Saturday and my shins are still sore.


Friday it sleeted and snowed a bit. There are these frogs up here called peepers. They come out to look for a mate and the sound they make sounds like a short "peep","peep", "peep". It didn't get above 32 degrees yesterday. Peepers come out when Spring is here. 32 degrees is close to Spring up here. I heard it was in the hi 80's down there. We might see that in August.

Unexpected spring snow




1 comment:

  1. Aw, man! That sounds FANTASTIC! But please don't love Vermont TOO much.. We want you to come back here! Our nasty laundromats and sketchy neighborhoods are just not the same without you!... Er, um... Well, you know what I mean, right? :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete