Friday, June 28, 2013

The West River

Two days ago Terri and I were able to get into the West river from our yard. I was able to cut down some really tall weeds that had grown up. If you can make out just below the window a bench situated about 10 feet from the edge. Tow days ago you could make out the rocks that sit in the river and you could see the bottom. Terri wasn't too keen on sitting on the river bottom but I talked her into it. I told her I was in the river for a half hour before she came home from work.

Today I hope you can make out how brown the water is. You can't really tell just how fast the water is moving. Trust me I wouldn't be able to step a foot in this river. I would be in the Connecticut River in a about 10 minuetes. This is how the river can change in an instant when we have so much rain.

Here is the river when we haven't had much rain. You can see the other edge and the rocks. The river is also running very clear.  What a difference,huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment